Friday, August 28, 2009

A few Before and Afters

I tried to put these in a little bit of an order, but hopefully you can figure out which ones are the 'befores' and which ones are the 'afters'
This is our bathroom. Too bad the toilet isn't open so you can see the yellow water I whined about previously.

Don't worry, I didn't make much effort to clean up to take pictures. (The mess gets worse in following pix). I cleaned all day yesterday (and for the last couple months ... to me, this looks pretty good). Also, I want everyone to note what an amazing bed we sleep on. My grandma gave it to us, and we are very appreciative. The air mattress that served as a bed just wasn't quite doing it for a fat little pregnant girl anymore.


The tiny baby's room that is bursting with baby stuff. Hopefully, I can make room for a baby to fit in there too.

Heres all the clutter I was referring to. But, I have 2 more sets of shades to make today and then maybe I will but it away. I would like to point out the island with the shelf Tyler made me, my shelf with aprons hanging from it, and my 'electric yellow' kitchen. Picking paint is harder than I thought.

This is the opposite view- the kitchen looking in to the living room. We spent a lot of time on window coverings in their and they are barely in the picture. I was pretty proud of myself for making roman shades though. See the old wall with the fake brick and panel mirrors? It was a project, but I am so glad Tyler was able to tear that down and put in a normal wall. Also, look at the difference in light fixtures. Tyler is so proud.

This is the spare room that looks only half unpacked. Somehow, we have more crap than we can contain in a 3 bedroom trailer and 3 sheds. So ... this will prob sit here for a while.
One last thing I want to point out because it was so much work, is that all the wood paneling you see ... it had to be spackled at least twice, primed and then paineted. Sometimes more than once or twice. But ... there is no more wood paneling visible in this trailer. We still have quite a bit of work ... but we are getting there!

8 comments:

Emily S. said...

You guys did a GREAT job!!! Did you find (easy) directions somewhere to make roman shades? That what I want to put in Andrew's room... anyways - I think that Baby Rice is going to have a great home to come to!!

Trev and Shan said...

Wow, I am impressed! It looks so much better!!! It sucks that it was such a pain to get rid of that wood paneling but I'm sure it was worth it. How was that crap ever popular?? Good work guys!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Wow!! It looks really great!!

Jennette and Rich said...

your kitchen looks really great! Good job guys.

Erica said...

i love your light fixtures!!

Jen said...

AMAZING!! What a daunting job to have taken on, you two have done such a great job. I think your paint colors look fantastic.

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

That looks awesome!!! You guys totally rocked it. You guys seem like you are doing really well, I hope things continue and I can't wait for you guys to be parents!! I am so excited for you guys.

Kara said...

It makes one wonder WHY wood paneling was so popular. WHY???

Looks fabulous! If I were a grain of rice coming in to the world soon, I'd definitely want to do it there. :)