Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blessing Day!

On Sunday, we went to Tyler's grandparents house to bless Porter. I mentioned before that Porter Leonard is named after Tyler's grandpa, Leonard (Papa). It was a sweet day.
We call this face 'Star Wars Baby,' but Tyler is the real nerd and corrects us ... it should be 'Star TREK Baby.' Yes, I'm only posting our 'goofy' family picture.
Here we are with Papa.
Porter got to wear the outfit that his dad and Uncle Adam were blessed in, Tyler gave him a short, wonderful blessing, and Papa said some really nice things about passing on the name. Plus, it's always so fun to hang out with family and friends.

2 comments:

Jennette and Rich said...

What a sweet day that must have been. It made me a bit homesick. Cana thought Porter was her and just kept pointing and saying "Cana" over and over. Love you guys

Jen said...

I have been waiting for you to post some pictures from the special day, very sad I couldnt be there. Seeing Papa holding Porter made me especially homesick. Is it just me, or do Papa and Porter kind of look alike? Maybe its just because they are both bald. What a great day, we totally love you guys!