Thursday, June 30, 2011

For My Long Lost NC Friends

Here is a little update on our lives (although, I wouldn't mind hearing the same from you "Anne B" and Emily S):
Tyler is doing a joint program with the University of Idaho and Boise State. We were in Northern Idaho for the past 2 years (and I LOVED it). Now we are back in our hometown of Boise (and I'm liking a lot more than I expected after leaving a place I loved). So, we are no longer trailer trash. Its a big step down to being back in a regular old apartment. :) Its still fun. We live close to the greenbelt and parks and the zoo and my favorite grocery store so we go on lots of fun little bike rides and walks to fun places.
I've also started painting my fingernails, which I have never enjoyed before. Its going pretty well. I'm sure you are anxious for a status update on that. :)
Lincoln is one and a half, and he has been getting really big. Like he is a boy now. Not a baby. He is totally a mama's boy and I forgot how fun it is to show him off on the blog.
And I'm due the beginning of January. So ... I expect a baby around mid-January.
He totally looks like an Oakes boy here to me. (My maiden name). He is landing his 'hop.' He is really good at jumping for a 19 month old.

He got to pick his hat out of the treasure box at summer reading and he was really proud of it for a few days. He also loves to tote around his suitcase from his cousin, 'ZZuuzz.'
My lil' bro is leaving on a mission next week to Argentina. Tyler's sister's family just moved to London for 2 years. I should have lots of pics from recent family gatherings, but I don't ... yet. Maybe that will be next week's nap-time blog.

10 comments:

Zach and Jordy said...

I know that post wasn't for me, but this long lost "Boise" friend enjoyed it! Congrats on #2!!!! We will be back in town this August and would love to meet Lincoln! Keller and he would have a blast! Glad to hear that things are going so well for you and Tyler!

Lori said...

It's a good thing Ashley is always in the know- otherwise I would have heard from you BLOG that you were pregnant. What ever happened to 5 of 7 or 7 of 9???

Erica said...

He is so cute!

Erica said...

and congrats on another baby!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

whaaaaat? you guys are back in boise!!!? i am such a lame friend! i didn't even know!!! we would love to get together with you guys!!

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Your little boy is so stinkin cute!! Yahoo on baby number two!! I love having two kiddos, and I know you will too!! Congrats!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness he's sooo big!! And so cute too! Congrats on baby #2 :) Maybe you'll move to Mass next ;) hehe jk.

Susannah said...

He looks bigger since you left...

Marcie said...

Hey, thanks for the update! My parents went to U of Idaho and my siblings went to Boise State. I have one sister still in Boise. I think she's in Mountain Home. Lincoln is sooo cute! Love the farmer's tan. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You look great.

Laura said...

Congratulations Katie! And welcome back to the great state of Idaho :)