Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things I Have Made

I'm pretty proud of some of my accomplishments as of late so here is a little bit of bragging:
1- I learned how to crochet forever ago (I think when I was in achievement days Mary Stosich first taught me). But ... I have never been able to read a pattern. So, on one of our garage-saling escapades I bought a 'learn to crochet book' in hopes that I could learn to read patterns. This was my first endeavor - (oh ... its a giraffe if you can't tell ... PS he glows in the dark!)
2- I am so sick of making curtains! But ... these will hopefully be the last ones for a long time. Plus, they were the most fun. Yes, they look a little like Charlie Brown Christmas trees, but they are not.

3- I made spanakopita for the first time. Tyler was a good sport and humored me by eating a couple pieces. I thought it turned out pretty well.
4- I made it on a 3.5 mile hike. This looks pretty dead, but we actually think Moscow is very pretty.
5- Tyler and I together made a delicious chocolate trifle. Thats another thing I had never made before.
6- With the help of the above mentioned trifle and spanakopita I have been making this belly. I know its kind of small, but when I saw this picture it surprised me to see how big my belly actually is getting. I'm at 34 weeks and the baby is plenty active. So, theres the pregnancy update too.

7 comments:

Zach and Jordy said...

You look great! I was huge at 34 weeks. Can you believe you are on the home stretch? Hopefully time doesn't slow down while you are waiting. Love the giraffe!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

WOW! All my friends are so crafty.... I am so jealous of you!!!
You look great, are you feeling any better?
The nursery sure is cute!

Lena said...

You're 34 weeks? Geez time has flown by. And you look great!! esp for 34 weeks. I looked like I was gonna blow at 34 weeks. Lucky you. But hey I'd take the weight over all the puking, you poor thing. Well it's great to see that you all are doing so well. Good Luck!!

Emily S. said...

I love that fabric!! I'm glad that you are getting all your projects done. 3 1/2 mile hike at 34 weeks preggo??!! I'm impressed. I think my feet would have been balloons if I did that!

RysJunk said...

Im incredably impressed!!! ( and it goes to show that we are totally twinners since i love making new things all the im too!! - im going to tackle a sufle eventually :) ) way to go!!

Russ and Kristen said...

Katie! You're so cute and your growing belly is cute too!! Mad props for your accomplishments! :)

Susannah said...

Maybe you'll have to teach me how to crochet one of these days!